I made these little deer ornaments originally as gifts for my co-workers one year. A friend took one look at the goggle-eyed deer and said “That’s what deer in the headlights look like.” The name stuck.
- felt, 4×5 inch piece in any color
- embroidery thread and sewing thread, any color
- scrap of fabric about 4 by 5 inches
- fusible paper-backed webbing (like Heat N Bond Lite or Wonder Under)
- 8 mm sequins, white or another pastel color
- a few dark colored seed beads
- beading needle or small sewing needle
- iron & ironing board
- small sharp scissors like Fiskars microtip
1. Right-click or option-click on the deer pattern piece to save the pattern piece below to your computer. Then print it out. Trace the deer pattern on to the paper backed fusible webbing. Following the instructions on the packaging, iron it to fuse it on to the back of your scrap fabric.
2. Cut out your deer.
3. Peel off the paper backing from the felt deer and place the deer, glue side […]