This is silver coated copper wire. It is very stiff, which is great, but makes it a bit of a challenge to work with. It seemed a little heavy here or somewhat cartoonish but the more beads I add, the better it looks, as you will see.
Here I have started to add the base of beads. I am putting more color towards the band and less as I go up, so this is full of purple, amber, green and orange. I think I am probably working with about 30 different kinds of beads. I have them sorted out by “layers” – large beads and more saturated colors towards the base and smaller, sparkly and more transparent towards the top.