Designing fabric is a favorite daydream for many of us. I want to help make that daydream a reality for you.
I am really excited to be able to offer these brand new online classes.
- These classes work in a web-browser and don’t require a lot of special tools, software or equipment.
- Work at your own pace, watch from a computer or an iPad/tablet.
- Lessons incorporate video, written instructions, downloads, hands on projects and discussion.
- You can even try the first one for free.
Register now for these classes:
A few quick facts and FAQs
- Classes are offered using the CourseCraft platform. To access the classes, you just have to set up a free account with them and you can do that when you enroll.
- You can sign in to your account and have access to all of the class materials any time so you can do the class at your own pace and come back to it any time.
- The lessons work great on computers, laptops or iPad/tablet. (Depending on the class topic, you may need to use a computer to follow along with some of the hands on projects. A tablet won’t work for everything.)
- You don’t need any special software to watch the video or participate in class. It all works in your regular web browser.
Class format and what to expect
I did a lot of research and surveys and decided to not go with a “craft tv show” kind of class format. I don’t like to just sit and passively watch a video how-to and it turns out that a lot of you don’t really love that either.
So, these classes are not going to be like a 45 minute video for you to sit and watch. They are going to be more like an interactive book. There will be articles, checklists and step-by-step instructions to read. There will be short video clips where I demonstrate hands-on parts of the lesson. I will be showing lots of screen capture, so you can see videos of my screen as I am working and you can follow along. There are even hands-on samples you can get so that you can see the same fabrics I am talking about and follow along with the lesson. Many classes will have downloadable files: handouts, cheat sheets, or files that are set up so you can do the projects with me.
Coming up! Here are more classes I am working on that will launch soon.
Make it: Memory pillow. Take a collection of photos, create a collage of images, design a coordinating border print and print a cut-and-sew custom pillow. A step-by-step project class with detailed design & sewing instructions. (October 2017)
Have a question about online classes or a topic you’d love to see me do? Send me a message!